China is the world’s third largest country, after Russia and Canada. Its political geography is complicated. Encompassing 5 different administrative zones, China has 23 Provinces, 5 Autonomous Regions, 4 Municipalities, 2 Special Administrative Regions (SAR) and 1 Claimed Province.
The following is a list of provinces in China in alphabetical order. Click through for more information in each area. Taiwan, the twenty-third and claimed the province, are listed separately.
Capital: Hefei Province Population: 64.6 million Famous: Yellow Mountains (Huang Shan), and Jiuhuashan, one of China's four holy Buddhist mountains. Map of Anhui ProvinceCapital City: Lanzhou Province Population: 29.2 million The famous Great Wall Jiayuguan Pass, Dunhuang City of Silk Road history and the Mogao Caves. Map of Gansu ProvinceCapital City: Guangzhou Province Population: 113 million Famous: factories and industries, its capital, Guangzhou (formerly the "Canton"). Map of Guangdong ProvinceCapital City: Guiyang Province Population: 39 million Famous: large populations of minority peoples such as the Miao, Dong and Buyi. Map of Guizhou ProvinceCapital city: Haikou province's population: 7.2 million Famous: Yalong Bay Map of beaches in Hainan Province
Capital: Shijiazhuang Province Population: 68 million Famous: Chengde's Qing Dynasty, the summer palace (UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site), Great Wall Shanhaiguan Pass, the easternmost end of the Ming-era Great Wall. Map of Hebei Province
10. Hunan ProvinceCapital city: Changsha Provincial population: 67 million Famous for: delicious spicy food, Mao Zedong’s birth village of Shaoshan Chong, Wulingyuan scenic area. Map: Hunan Province
- Legoland Florida is worth the cost?
- Legoland in Florida is worth the cost?
- Take advantage of the local group offers overseas
- Jerash Refugee Camp
- Is Legoland Florida worth the price?
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Emperor Penguin who has lost his way is released into native waters
- Courtyard by Marriott Valencia make it happen Hotel
- Cashing in on a local group of transactions abroad
- Served at a local group offers overseas
Submited at Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 at 8:00 pm on Asia by jessica
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback