The Rocks, the 19th century, the village is surrounded by Sydney Cove, Campbells Cove and Walsh Bay, located in the shadow of the southern tip of Harbour Bridge.
This is the birthplace of modern Australia, Captain Arthur Phillip having settled here in 1788. From this, Sydney has now risen.
Just across Sydney Cove from the Opera House, Rocks area is a must for visitors to Australia.
Here, buildings exuding history combine in the country with the conveniences of today to provide a unique precinct that covers almost entirely the needs of visitors. There are restaurants, bistros, bars, souvenir shops, weekend markets, music and entertainment along the main streets and squares.
Next page: The Rocks: A blend of past and present
- Country Village
- Restaurant review: Brixton Village
- Start giraffes and Masai Mara stew
- Beginning of the Masai Mara giraffes and simmer
- Grindelwald the famous village 1 hour away from home
- Istanbul to Ankara
- A brief history of Shanghai
- Tortoreto Lido Beach Resort in Abruzzo
- Cahors Quercy and the Malbec Region of France
- A Teacher
Submited at Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 at 10:00 pm on Australia by samantha
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback