Okay so its now Hungary. One word “wow” amazing folks here. Sadly due to credit card issues i only stayed one night then back to Vienna where my card works! No idea if it was because it was a weekend or what but for the life of me i couldn’t withdraw money from any banks in Budapest? But it’s an amazing city full of communist era icons that i did not get a chance to fully appreciate. So in fact I only stayed overnight as I was unwilling to dip into my emergency 500 dollars I’ve stashed! The pictures are of the Railjet train from Vienna to Budapest and dont let the 120kph fool you this train opens up to 210 at points! Nothing beats jamming to Jimmy Buffett tunes at 150mph with a beer! The other pictures are of my hotel room. Typical communist era opulence. And amazingly only 60 Euro’s! So will end this blog because I’ve 2 more to finish before I go out tonight!
There are more pictures at the bottom of this page
- British pubs with rooms for the night: readers’ travel tips
- Anyone for a night in the Royston Vasey room?
- Livingstone Zambia heart of Africa
- Sleeping controller called the night shifts, "crazy"
- Free cookies are now welcome at the airport late
- Linkside 2 is an intimate new BB located in Mossel Bay Western Cape voted in favor of the city in 2007 and again in 2010.
- See Sydney in One Day
- Last day in Istanbul
- Sydney in Autumn
- Paris …..
Submited at Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 at 2:00 pm on Europe by hilman
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback