JUNEAU, Alaska – An animal rights’ group is calling for a tourism boycott of Alaska over a recent decision to remove buffer zones for wolf trapping near Denali National Park.
Friends of Animals’ President Priscilla Feral states last week’s decision by a divided Alaska Board of Game lacked any sense of decency.
She states treating wolves as vermin is an extreme attitude and that her group is taking a drastic step in response. She states Gov. Sean Parnell needs to intervene.
A Parnell spokeswoman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Feral states Friends of Animals last used a tourism boycott to protest Alaska’s wolf program in the early 1990s.
- Cashing in the local group is working abroad
- Take advantage of the local group offers overseas
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Cashing in on a local group of transactions abroad
- Served at a local group offers overseas
- Cashing in on local group deals abroad
- 10 most useful travel websites
- Travelodge apologize for double-charging customers
- The new flash-sales launches today
- Dollar Thrifty, Expedia expand relationship
Submited at Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 at 10:00 am on News by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback