UPDATE 19:15 EDT: A plane flying from New York to Boston was diverted Thursday after hitting a bird. Passengers on the flight did land safely in Boston on Thursday afternoon, NBC affiliate WHDH-TV reports.
A passenger on the flight said he saw instant glow of her life before her eyes – as a frequent flier, the passenger knew almost immediately that something went wrong.
"We were off and I felt a bit strange. I felt like the plane was going much faster than normal and then all of the sudden there was a really big blow, "said Alice Ting." [I thought maybe] they're just removing the wheels, but then there was a strange smell '.
Ting said the flight which only had about two dozen passengers, diverted to the airport JFK. Passengers then made their way onto other flights back to Boston.
"I was scared. I was hoping to land and I think it was just calm demeanor the pilot did seem better. The hostesses seemed OK, so I thought, you know what, if anything happened I would rather just not know," said Ting.
Ting said when the pilot came to tell passengers that they had suffered bird strike, he did remember the miracle with the Hudson and is just happy that nobody was injured.
- Legoland Florida is worth the cost?
- Legoland in Florida is worth the cost?
- Take advantage of the local group offers overseas
- Jerash Refugee Camp
- Is Legoland Florida worth the price?
- Disney World? We want Chattanooga to go!
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Disney World? We want to Chattanooga!
- Courtyard by Marriott Valencia make it happen Hotel
- Cashing in on a local group of transactions abroad
Submited at Friday, September 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 am on News by chuck
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback