UPDATE 7:15 p.m. EDT: A plane from New York to Boston was diverted Thursday after hitting a bird. Passengers on the flight landed safely in Boston on Thursday afternoon, NBC affiliate WHDH-TV reports.
A passenger on the flight said she instantly saw his life flash before his eyes – as a frequent traveler, the passenger knew almost instantly that something was wrong.
"We were taking off and it felt a little strange. It was as if the plane was going much faster than normal and then suddenly there was a really big thud, "said Alice Ting." [I thought] they're just lifting the wheels but there was a strange odor. "
Ting said the flight, which had about two dozen passengers, diverted to JFK. The passengers then went on other flights back to Boston.
"I was scared. I was hoping to land and I think it was just calm demeanor of the driver that makes it seem better. Flight attendants seem OK, so I thought, you know what, if anything happened, I'd rather just not know, "said Ting.
Ting said when the pilot came to tell passengers that they had suffered a bird strike, she can not remember the miracle of the Hudson River and is just happy that no one was injured.
- Legoland Florida is worth the cost?
- Legoland in Florida is worth the cost?
- Take advantage of the local group offers overseas
- Jerash Refugee Camp
- Is Legoland Florida worth the price?
- Disney World? We want Chattanooga to go!
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Disney World? We want to Chattanooga!
- Courtyard by Marriott Valencia make it happen Hotel
- Cashing in on a local group of transactions abroad
Submited at Friday, September 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 am on News by dave
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback