Do not miss thesis Travel stories
It's A Snap! Vote for your favorite travel photo
Peruse this week's gallery and vote for your favorite. When you're done, submit your-own vacation shots.
Real Pan Am flight attendants fact-check 'Pan Am' Popular Las Vegas zip line Expanding Passengers' wait Dreamliner reward for the ride Will Be America's best cities for foodies
The FAA said the plane took off Tuesday, though the track was closed this morning because of storm damage to runway lights.
According to a statement from the FAA, a visual aid to the control tower was also damaged and has no track information display closed. Once the Allegheny County Airport Authority reported the runway was closed, the controllers stopped departures.
January 26, a controller cleared Republic Airlines flight for departure on a runway that was closed hours earlier for maintenance.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material May not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fun in the water
- Children at school
- Ma'a salama Jordan Seulam Ethiopia
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Cashing in on the local group working abroad
- Free cookies now greet late arrivals at the airport
- Free cookies are now welcome at the airport late
- U.S. issues travel alert after death Awlaki
- U.S. issues travel to reminders of death Awlaki
- Near miss under investigation in Hong Kong
Submited at Saturday, October 1st, 2011 at 10:00 am on News by ethan
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback