Hell Hole campground in South Carolina, Oconee County is apparently living up to its name. It has been closed because of human waste in and around a broken bathroom fixtures, NBC affiliate WYFF-TV reports.
Andrew Pickens Ranger District officials said that the problems started with a failure in an outhouse on the premises. They said that as a result, people have vandalized the bathroom.
District Ranger Mike Crane said. "As much as I hate to be on a campsite in the area, safety is our priority because the visitors the toilet does not work, people are using the bathroom and leave human waste within and outside the building that the toilet, and on the camping stores. It's just not sanitary for campers and we believe it could be, so some resource damage than good. "
The USDA Forest Service temporarily closed overnight in tents. The campground has access to the large boulders that block access to vehicles have been stopped. Day use is still permitted, but vehicles must be at the end of Forest Service road to park.
A release said the Forest Service will consider whether continued overnight camping at Hell Hole.
Information from WYFF-TV in Greenville, SC, has been included in this report.
- Legoland Florida is worth the cost?
- Legoland in Florida is worth the cost?
- Take advantage of the local group offers overseas
- Jerash Refugee Camp
- Is Legoland Florida worth the price?
- Disney World? We want Chattanooga to go!
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Emperor Penguin who has lost his way is released into native waters
- Disney World? We want to Chattanooga!
- Courtyard by Marriott Valencia make it happen Hotel
Submited at Friday, October 7th, 2011 at 10:00 am on News by john
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback