The warning came a day after U.S. officials said al-Awlaki Anwar, identified as "chief of external operations" of Yemen branch of Al Qaeda, was killed in an attack by missiles fired from unmanned drones the CIA in several Yemen.
"The death of Awlaki, in the short term, it could provide motivation for anti-American attacks around the world of individuals or groups seeking to retaliate against U.S. citizens or interests because of this action" said the State Department.
The drone strike also killed Samir Khan, an American who served as editor of a magazine used as a propaganda and recruiting tool for Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
Copyright 2011 Thomson Reuters. Click for restrictions.
- Fare glitch creates a run for NY-Israel flights
- Fun in the water
- Children at school
- Ma'a salama Jordan Seulam Ethiopia
- Take advantage of the local group deals abroad
- Cashing in on the local group working abroad
- Free cookies now greet late arrivals at the airport
- Free cookies are now welcome at the airport late
- Airline companies backing off of the top travel surcharges
- U.S. issues travel alert after death Awlaki
Submited at Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 at 10:00 am on News by john
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback